REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
- Sunday morning worship and Christian education hour
- Monday evening 1-hour Prayer 7:00-8:00 pm
Coming together to pray for world issues, for the community, for the churches, for hope and healing as needs are brought to the group.
- Thursday evening for adults – JAVA JUNCTION 7:30-9:30 pm
If you enjoy socializing, eating popcorn, playing games, telling stories, listening to stories, getting to know others… drop by!
Our youth join Elmira Mennonite Church for their youth activities:
N2N (Neighbour to Neighbour) free lending service:
- Praise Junction – usually the 3rd Saturday evening of the month, except July, August, December at 7:00 pm
- Potlucks after the worship service
- Youth/adult winter retreat – a weekend away in January or February, generally with a guest sharing and lots of food and fellowship
- Easter breakfast
- The Resting Place – place to sit and relax, use washrooms during the Maple Syrup Festival
- Church outdoor service and picnic
- Church camping weekend in July
- Elmira Car Show in August– open our doors for use of washroom facilities
- Christmas special activities
- Moonlight Madness in November – caroling on the street outside the building, then come in for snacks and chatting
- Christmas dinner
- Christmas caroling for seniors at Elmira Chartwell as well as for seniors in their own homes
- Christmas play
LEARNING & SERVING
Every other year, we plan some kind of special mission trip or service project. One year we went down to Birmingham, Alabama for a week to help rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. We worked with MDS. Another time we stayed in Ontario and traveled to Timmins to learn more about our aboriginal neighbours and to provide some support. We renovated the Timmins MCCO office (Mennonite Central Committee Ontario).
Zion member, Vanessa Lachance, is currently serving God in Mendoza, Argentina, with Youth With A Mission (YWAM).
Facebook: YWAM/JuCUM Mendoza